While we love Star Wars cufflinks and goofy tongue-in-cheek cufflink designs, there are times in our lives that we want to give a gift that lasts forever; something with a unique meaning attached.
It seems lately like everyone is trying to get rid of things – so then what should we give the men in our lives who we are celebrating? A groom needing cufflinks, his groomsmen gifts, a heartfelt anniversary, a golden birthday; a personalized engraved gift will help commemorate the truly special occasion.
Engraving guidelines for men have the following options when considering classic initials.
- First, Middle, Last [ADJ] (Letters the same size and evenly spaced - our standard initials engraving)
- First, Last, Middle [AJD] (Last name letter Bigger and in Center - select our Monogram font, and enter the letters in the order to be engraved)
- Single initial [J] (first letter of first or last name)
An engraved gift is also a great way to show your unique relationship with a special man in your life. On a tie bar you have a little extra space to add your favorite joke, a meaningful quote, etc. Now our website says maximum of 8 characters, but if you email email@example.com you could get more than what our website lists. Just keep in mind that the more you add, the smaller it will be - we are talking about small accessories, of course! But we are happy to accommodate any special requests.
Need more ideas? Here are a few of our favorite suggestions: Inside jokes, a reminder on a money clip to not get coffee over $3, children’s birthdates, date of sobriety, bought a company? (like we did? Nov 1st, 2017) purchase date, met a huge personal goal. There are hundreds of reasons to get a personalized item to celebrate occasions and accomplishments.
Here are some answers to Cufflinks.com FAQs on our Personalized Engravable Gifts:
- What do you charge for engraving? $8 for each unique line of engraving.
- What type of engraving method do you use? We use a diamond engraving machine.
- Can I add more characters to my engraving? Typically, yes, but the more characters the less detailed it may look, and may be harder to read. Due to the small size and nature of our products, on most cufflinks we recommend a maximum of 8 characters.
- How do I see a preview of what it will look like? Most of our engravable items are set up to see a preview. Simply select a font, enter your inscriptions, and click Preview. If the item you are interested in does not have a preview, you can use one of these items to review.
- Can I add two lines on top of each other? You currently cannot do this directly on the site, but WE CAN. Reminder again that the more characters the less detailed it may look. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for this type of customization. We are working to improve our personalization center to add more options that can easily be selected on the site.
- I would like my [custom] logo on an item. Yes, we can do this, too! Please email our Custom Specialist at email@example.com, since this would be a “Custom/Special Order” request. She can help walk you through the process and answer any questions.
- How long does it take to ship? If an order is placed before 3PM CST it typically goes out the same day barring catastrophes….We strive to provide a quick turnaround time – generally around 1-2 business days at most. However, around our high volume times (Valentines Day, Father’s Day, Christmas) it may take an additional day to process.
- Am I allowed to engrave on both sides of the cufflink? Yes! Obviously, only on the ones with an engravable area on the backing (such as these or this).
- Am I able to engrave different inscriptions on each cufflink? Yes! If you would like to engrave a separate inscription on each cufflink, check the box that reads "I would like a separate inscription on the other cufflink." You can only preview one inscription at a time, but as long as both Preview boxes have the preferred inscription when you Add to Cart, both will be processed. Please note that each separate inscription will require an $8 engraving fee.
If you have any more questions on how to place your engraved cufflinks order or need help coming up with the best engraved gift for him, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service team! We're always happy to provide any additional info and talk through any of your great new ideas on what to engrave for that special someone. Engraved tie bars and cufflinks make unique gifts for men for any occasion, including birthday gifts for young men, father's day gifts for dads, wedding day gifts for the groom, and Christmas gifts for him. Mark your next special occasion with a thoughtful gift that shows you're thinking of him.