Ohio Stadium Seat Bottle Opener
This product ships for FREE
Get this as soon as Feb 19
This bottle opener is crafted from authentic Ohio Stadium virgin, reserve seat wood. Ohio Stadium opened in 1922 and is known for its award-winning horseshoe shape which was designed by an Ohio-born architect, Howard Dwight-Smith. Though there was initial concern that the 66,210 opening capacity would be too large, 90,411 fans came to cheer the Buckeyes in 1925. After World War II, the Stadium was regularly sold out and seating accommodations increased every few years to keep up with demand. Today, the capacity is over 102 thousand seats and it is the fourth largest football stadium in the US. On the north side, the Stadium features a rotunda - originally inspired by the Pantheon in Rome - with stained glass windows of Buckeye teams. In 1974, after one of seven undefeated seasons that the Buckeyes have had in Ohio Stadium, the venue was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Approximately 6 1/2" long
- Made from authentic Ohio Stadium virgin, reserve seat wood with quality nickel-plated hardware
- Wood featured is virgin redwood which was part of the original shipment of seat wood to Ohio Stadium. It was never used for seating before the Stadium switched to plastic and aluminum seats.
- Officially licensed by Ohio State University and engraved with the stadium name
- Comes gift-boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity
* Due to the unique nature of this item, the item received may vary from the photograph.
* Note: Due to the age of the wood, the surface may have some imperfections from game-use. Product received may differ slightly from image due to the uniqueness of the source material.
Item Code: TC-64OSU
Usually ships the same business day