UC Berkeley's California Memorial Stadium Seat Bottle Opener
This product ships for FREE
Get this as soon as Dec 14
This bottle opener is crafted from an authentic California Memorial Stadium blue bench wood, which was in use from 1923-2010. From the time California Memorial Stadium opened in 1923, Golden Bear fans faithfully cheered from blue and gold seats for 88 seasons, creating scores of unforgettable memories for generations of football fans. From the Wonder Teams of the 1920s to the Pappy Waldorf years mid-century to the success attained in the 2000's, the venerable facility has treated fans of all ages to many of the greatest games in the history of Cal football. Memorial Stadium stands alongside such iconic campus structures as the Greek Theatre, the Campanile, California Hall and the Doe Library - all designed by renowned campus architect John Galen Howard. When renovation on the Stadium began in 2010, Cal Athletics officially licensed Tokens & Icons to offer gift items and furniture from the historic venue's benches. As much of the wood was painted long ago with lead-based paint, Tokens & Icons carefully hand-selected each bench piece and is working solely with the more recent lead-free painted benches.
- Approximately 6 1/2" long
- Made from an authentic California Memorial Stadium blue bench wood with quality nickel-plated hardware
- Wood features the weathered painted surface of seats from which fans cheered for decades
- Officially licensed by the University of California, Berkeley, and engraved with the stadium name
- Comes gift-boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity
* Due to the unique nature of this item, the item received may vary from the photograph.
* Note: Due to the age of the wood, the surface may have some imperfections from game-use. Product received may differ slightly from image due to the uniqueness of the source material.
Item Code: 64CAL
Usually ships the same business day